The objective of IST-Mentor is to promote the participation of Associated Candidate Countries (ACCs), (EE, LV, LT, MT, PL, TR) in the IST Programme, so as to meet in particular the goals of the 6th Framework Programme, of the e-Europe initiative and of the European Research Area.
The entities in the ACCs are currently not at the forefront of technology and are slow in adopting new technologies. It is vital that they are given every opportunity to take advantage of the IST Programme of FP6. This will enable more SMEs and other organizations in the participating ACCs to create or join Consortia, to put forward proposals to any of the Key Actions calls, or to associate measures detailed in the IST work Programme. The methodology implemented to achieve the above objectives is as follows:
• Identification of candidate IST multipliers in each ACC by the NCPs from the participating NAS, with the assistance of the associated EU NCP and the EU partners;
• Establishment of a liaison between each EU consultant with one or more local candidate partners, offering continued bilateral tutoring and support, in collaboration with the local NCPs;
• IST multipliers from the ACCs will attend mentoring workshops, exposing them to FP6 and IST WP;
• Coaching the ACC partners in the requirements of FP6 and in the modes they should adopt to facilitate assistance to local IST enterprises - and to entities wishing to adopt IST - to participate and respond to FP6 Calls for Proposal;
• Facilitation of the organization of local mailing and phoning awareness-building campaigns (aimed at identifying potential IST developing or IST utilizing entities);
• Organization of awareness building and dissemination Seminars and workshops, and development of proposals for NAS entities encouraged responding to the FP6 Calls.