The project’s main objective was to raise public awareness on EU policies and priorities within the framework of the Regional Operational Programme (R.O.P.) of Crete. The project focused on three levels of target groups:
- Direct beneficiaries (i.e. municipalities)
- Indirect beneficiaries ( i.e. businesses, unemployed)
- General public.
In order to promote the implementation of EU policies at the regional level, the project included the following activities:
- Finalization of the Communication Strategy for the ROP of Crete, including the entire programming period 2000-2006
- Preparation of the Communication Action Plan including inter alia promotional and communication activities of ROP of Crete
- Technical Assistance to the Communication Department of the Region of Central Macedonia.